StatCounter Free web tracker and counter
Links
ADS
tramadol
Loading

 
Note: Information provided on http://tramadolbloodthinner.blogspot.com/ is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Only your healthcare provider should diagnose your healthcare problems and prescribe treatment.
Index to Drug-Specific Information

Note: This Index does not include all FDA approved drugs. It includes only those with Healthcare Professional, Patient, and Consumer Information Sheets, Medication Guides, and Information Pages. Please use Drugs@FDA to search for information on a drug not found in the Index.
This drug has as active FDA Safety Alert This drug has an active FDA Safety Alert

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FAQ about Tramadol and blood thinner?

Q: I've wondered, because I am in a profession where I get lots of nicks and cuts all the time but don't bleed much. I have chronic back pain and have been looking up different medications to talk to my doctor about and this seems like a viable option. But is it a known blood thinner like most of your usual aspirin's? I.e. Ibuprofen, Tylenol, etc...

A1: No its not a blood thinner. Tramadol should not be used by anyone who has a history of any type of seizure including febrile seizures as a child. It lowers the seizure threshold.

Tramadol doesn't get rid of all pain, it simply knocks the edge off pain so that a person can function. I take it for fibromyalgia.

A2: Correct, it's not a blood thinner. I wanted to add that Tylenol is not either. I noticed you had grouped it with aspirin so I wanted to clarify the differences. Aspirin is a blood thinner. It works the best at this out of all the over the counter medications, which is why Doctors prescribe it to thin the blood in order to prevent heart attacks. Ibuprofen thins the blood to a much lesser degree than aspirin. And tylenol, a non-aspirin type medication (it's not an anti-inflammatory like the others), does not thin the blood at all. Now Tramadol, (brand name Ultram), is not a salisylate at all like aspirin and ibuprofen. It will not thin the blood.

A3: Tramadol is not a pain killer that thins blood...then again neither is tylenol. Any kind of NSAID medication or medicine with aspirin are the ones you have to watch as far as making your blood thinner. Tylenol is fine and can be taken without blood thinning effects....so can Tramadol.

A4: Tramadol (Ultram) is not a blood thinner.
I have taken Ultram for about 2 years and my mother approx. 10 years. It is for moderate to severe skeleton pain. There is a time release version if 24 hour a day pain relief is needed.

Ultram can be addictive for some people.

I like Ultram because it works well, plus I take ibuprofen that keeps my pain in check 90 % of the time but when it does not, Ultram can be used between ibuprofen doses. Feel free to see my profile and e-mail me if I can answer any more questions.
http://www.drugs.com/ultram.html

Technorati file

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]



© Copyright 2007 - 2008 Pirzacomp System | Privacy Policy